POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The History of C++... : Re: The History of C++... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The History of C++...
From: Chambers
Date: 19 Mar 2008 00:18:43
Message: <47e0a233$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Joel is an amazing guy.  BTW, linked from this very article and still related to
> strings is one of the best articles I've seen in IT blogs, a classic by now:
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000319.html
>
> It also contains the Shlemiel the painter anecdote... :)

Thanks for the link, I'm quite enjoying it :)

Especially this quote: "This is what they're talking about when they say
that a particular program has a buffer overflow susceptibility. It was
the number one cause of hacks and worms in the olden days before
Microsoft Outlook made hacking easy enough for teenagers to do."

HA!

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com