POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Group image : Group image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Group image
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 18 Mar 2008 22:53:29
Message: <47e08e39@news.povray.org>
Anyone interested in some teamwork? :) I think it would be interesting
to gather a bunch of people to work on a single image.

There was some discussion about making a huge and very detailed image.
People would contribute individual (detailed) objects to the scene.
http://news.povray.org/*/thread/%3Cweb.470cb2a57a1ad9ac4ef43cef0%40news.povray.org%3E/

It looked like a good idea, but never left the "idea" phase.

Another one I found (while searching for the one mentioned above; took
me a while):
http://news.povray.org/*/message/%3C589003dq1kbn9gjvq4834llibshptidukf%404ax.com%3E/

That idea looks interesting too, making an image by ping-pong-ing the
scene. Or a circle: pover makes some changes to the scene, and passes it
to the pover to his right :) (It's worth reading the whole thread, btw,
not just that one message)

It's kinda sad how all these cool images appear and then die, sometimes
without being even started...

Post further teamwork ideas here.