POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 18 Mar 2008 11:23:41
Message: <47dfec8d$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>
>> Mac users have been able to do it with just OS-bundled software for
>> some years (although you'd be silly to attempt anything fancy), and I
>> believe Final Cut Express is not very expensive. Couldn't comment on
>> Windows or Linux.
>
> Oh, sure, an Apple Mac counts as both a "PC" and "normal". ;-)

Well, that depends what you mean. If you were implicitly excluding Macs
then I guess it doesn't count :) As for normal, well, I use them for the
same stuff most others use Windows machines for. It's personal tastes
really but I find it easier for most things (I'm not a big PC gamer so I
don't really lose out there).

> (Seriously, if you can afford a Mac, the world is your oyster...)

Macs are not significantly more expensive than Windows PCs. I can afford
a Mac but I am not a particularly extravagant person...