POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Invisible
Date: 18 Mar 2008 10:55:49
Message: <47dfe605$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Some *** cell phones *** can do (basic) video editing now. So yes, it's
> mainstream technology as demonstrated by millions of YouTube "directors".
> You'll need lots of disc space though. A Mini DV tape translates into tens
> of gigabytes.

 From what I've seen of mobile phone "pictures" and "videos", the
quality as so abysmal as to be laughable. I'm talking about video that
you'd actually want to *watch*! ;-)

As for YouTube, most of it seems to be either illegal movies, mobile
phone recordings [most of which demonstrate an awe-inspiring level of
pointlessness], or footage of computer games.

[But then, I don't suppose most normal people would want to actually put
the video of their holiday in Molta on YouTube. Who would watch it? And,
presumably, it would take several weeks to upload...]

Video editing is something that moderately interests me. And I have a
digital camcorder now. But I'm not aware of any way of getting the
digital data from the camera to my PC, and that presumably means I'll
need an expensive video capture card...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/