POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Mar 2008 09:30:15
Message: <47dfd1f7$1@news.povray.org>

47dfc80c$1@news.povray.org...
>> You should have realised by now that whenever you think that a technology
>> 1) is impossible 2) doesn't exist or 3) isn't used by anyone, you're just
>> being 10-year late ;)
>
> Oh, I'm sure high resolution scanners exist. I've just never seen any on
> sale. Apparently I shop at a place that only sells ancient technology...

Of course you saw them on sale, you just didn't look at the resolutions. I
didn't either until I started shopping for a scanner. Your shops probably
sell a basic all-in-one like the Canon Pixma MP610 for instance or the Epson
Perfection line of flatbed scanners.

> Hmm. That's kind of worrying them. Broadband technology is nowhere close
> to keeping up with that kind of file size...

No but this explains why having lots of RAM and processing power is
important for regular folks. And what about that 500 Mb movie file than
anyone with a recent, cheap, entry-level digital camera can record and be
willing to edit and email to grandma?

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com