POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How *annoying* is this? : Re: How *annoying* is this? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How *annoying* is this?
From: Warp
Date: 18 Mar 2008 05:42:53
Message: <47df9cad@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> Web pages that refuse the 'back' button.

  I have noticed Firefox fixed this problem some time ago. In it, instead
of the back button going strictly to the previous page, it goes to the
previous user-specified page. In other words, if a page immediately
redirects to another page using javascript or meta refresh or whatever,
Firefox's back button will skip that intermediate page when going back.

  Quite handy. (I don't understand why *all* browsers don't do this.
It just doesn't make sense to go back to a page which effectively
immediately goes forward again.)

--
                                                          - Warp