POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : quicker render alternatives to povray : Re: quicker render alternatives to povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quicker render alternatives to povray
From: William Tracy
Date: 17 Mar 2008 12:26:45
Message: <47dea9d5$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George wrote:
> One possible solution would be to generate a SVG file, with radial gradients
> to simulate lightning and specular light, sorting the spheres upon the
> distance to the camera. Then let Inkscape or anything similar rasterize it.

Another idea: Skip the gradients, and paint the spheres with solid
colors based on distance from the camera (more distant spheres are
darker). That should be faster to render, and might even be easier to
interpret visually, even if it won't be as pretty.

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

    "Meanwhile we can't be having a constitution that says only 'don't
change speed too fast.'"
     -- Kim Stanley Robinson, _Blue Mars_