POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : quicker render alternatives to povray : Re: quicker render alternatives to povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quicker render alternatives to povray
From: William Tracy
Date: 17 Mar 2008 12:23:18
Message: <47dea906$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   How many triangles do you need to make a triangle mesh to look even
> remotely as a sphere? Multiply that by 10000.

Warp is basically right, but come to think of it, a cube (or
tetrahedron) might be a suitable approximation for a sphere in this
case. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

    "Meanwhile we can't be having a constitution that says only 'don't
change speed too fast.'"
     -- Kim Stanley Robinson, _Blue Mars_