POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been tracing too long when... : Re: You know you've been tracing too long when... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been tracing too long when...
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Mar 2008 11:49:58
Message: <47dea136$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Hmm let's see what's available on the farm.

Ooo, I didn't know you were a farmer?

> These *four* 8-core Xeon computers seem too similar. Might be duplicate
> entries (same computer)... *gets into admin interface* Nope! Different
> hostnames.
>
> How big are your sources? :)

About 3 KB?

Actually, reminds me of something I saw this morning. Some guy saying
there's basically "no point" in adding more CPUs to the Folding@Home
project, because a single GPU is something like 50x faster while using
less electricity...

All I need know is for that guy who's writing a CUBA backing for GHC to
finish his PhD, and then I can implement my own raytracer in Haskell and
achieve world domination. Wahahahahaha!! >:-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/