POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game : Re: Another week, another impossible game Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another week, another impossible game
From: St
Date: 17 Mar 2008 07:33:55
Message: <47de6533$1@news.povray.org>
"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote in message
> And lo on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:26:42 -0000, St. <dot### [at] dotcom> did spake,
> saying:
>

>> "Orchid XP v7" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>>> Hi guys.
>>>
>>> Anybody here played Farcry?
>>
>>      Yep, again and again and again..  ;)  It's not impossible, just make
>> sure you hit it 14 times with the RL and the chopper will makes it's
>> escape because it's too damaged.
>
> Ah good to see realism alive and well in video games; 14 direct hits from
> a RL and *then* it gets damaged. Does it have force fields or something?

    Heh, that particular chopper may well have a force field, well, no it
didn't, but it was a silly ending to that level really. They could have cut
to a cutscene where the chopper does get damaged and starts to fall, and
then you see Crow (still alive, and possibly injured), being picked up by
his mercs in a boat and then make their escape. End of level.

     ~Steve~