POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting : Re: Adventures with digital painting Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with digital painting
From: Chambers
Date: 16 Mar 2008 17:00:09
Message: <47dd9869@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> Absolutely, and I mean that quite literally.
>
> I think portability isn't a binary quality.  You seem to be saying that
> any turing-complete language is equally portable because you could write
> an interpreter for it in some other language.  So why do people complain
> about C# being microsoft-only? :-)

Because they're lazy-a** b****es who would rather complain about ideals
than get real work done?

After all, what if someone made a CPU that could execute Java bytecode
directly?  (In fact, I think someone *has* done this)  At this point,
the Java bytecode is now machine language.  Does that make it any less
portable?

He**, is the Java bytecode any less portable for requiring an
interpreter to begin with?

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com