POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game : Re: Another week, another impossible game Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another week, another impossible game
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 16 Mar 2008 15:37:55
Message: <47dd8523$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> What other weapons do you have? P90? AG36? OICW?

 From the last checkpoint, I have a pistol, a P90, a sniper rifle, and
some kind of SMG with a zoom scope on it. (Seems to be more damaging
than the other SMG I had...) I'm standing in front of a rocket launcher
and several boxes of rockets though...

> " Since Crow's on a helicopter, you're going to be at a marked disadvantage
> if you actually stay on the ship; his minigun will cut you to pieces as soon
> as the water rises enough to force you to swim, and even before that occurs,
> you'll have a tough time dodging his fire without getting hit. The thing is,
> although Jack seems to think the front of the ship is the safest spot to
> survive the explosion, you're actually better off jumping overboard as soon
> as you plant your explosives, and swimming towards shore. You may take a bit
> of damage from the explosion, since you won't be able to move as quickly,
> but you should survive, at any rate.
> When you're ashore, pick a sizable palm tree and stand next to it as Crow
> flies in. Crow's attack heli moves in the same fashion as the previous
> choppers you've seen; it'll swoop around until it's close, and then it'll
> start strafing around your position, so that Crow can fire on you from the
> minigunner's position. If you picked a big enough palm tree, though, you
> should be able to simply hide behind the trunk whenever Crow fires, thus
> rendering you able to survive the fight without taking any damage at all, in
> most cases. All you need to do is sit behind the tree, moving so that Crow
> is on the opposite side, and occasionally pop out and fire a rocket at the
> helicopter. You'll obviously want to do this when the chopper is moving
> slowly; you only have a maximum of 14 rocket rounds, and the helicopter can
> take nine or so hits before it flies off and explodes. If you run out of
> rockets, switch over to your OICW and use its HE rounds to finish the
> helicopter off. "

What's an OICW? And... it has HE rounds?

>>> Or just use cheats.
>> Now what would be the point of that? ;-)
>

> If you're stuck and want to get past that point so you can get on with the
> rest of the game, why not?

Yeah, well, it's getting that way. Always seems a pitty to do it though.

[For example, this is the only way I could complete Disposable Hero.
Damn that game is hard!]

>> Seriously. Load up Quake II. Open the console. Type "map boss2". Kill
>> the Makron. Congratulations, you just completed Q2 in, what, 120
>> seconds? Woo.
>
> Yay. What's the point? I don't know about you, but I play games because I
> enjoy them, not because I want to boast I beat the game in some record time.

Indeed.

> I'm suggesting cheating through one (difficult) section, so you can get on
> with the rest of the game (which I assume you're enjoying).

Well, I'd prefer not to, but we'll see...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/