POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game : Re: Another week, another impossible game Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another week, another impossible game
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 16 Mar 2008 06:30:20
Message: <47dd04cc@news.povray.org>
news:47dd0056$1@news.povray.org...
> > Keep hitting it. It will blow up eventually. As I said, it's a boss
battle.
> > It's not supposed to be easy.
>
> Hmm, I've only got 24 rockets. And I'm usually dead long before I get to
> use 'em all anyway. If I can see him, he can see me. And his aim is far
> better than mine...

What other weapons do you have? P90? AG36? OICW?

> Well, I tried that, and I unded up with 80% health, 0% armour, and a
> chopper shooting at me. There's also very little cover...

More than in the middle of the ocean. You can run a bit inland, if you want.
Here's the suggestion from Gamespot

" Since Crow's on a helicopter, you're going to be at a marked disadvantage
if you actually stay on the ship; his minigun will cut you to pieces as soon
as the water rises enough to force you to swim, and even before that occurs,
you'll have a tough time dodging his fire without getting hit. The thing is,
although Jack seems to think the front of the ship is the safest spot to
survive the explosion, you're actually better off jumping overboard as soon
as you plant your explosives, and swimming towards shore. You may take a bit
of damage from the explosion, since you won't be able to move as quickly,
but you should survive, at any rate.
When you're ashore, pick a sizable palm tree and stand next to it as Crow
flies in. Crow's attack heli moves in the same fashion as the previous
choppers you've seen; it'll swoop around until it's close, and then it'll
start strafing around your position, so that Crow can fire on you from the
minigunner's position. If you picked a big enough palm tree, though, you
should be able to simply hide behind the trunk whenever Crow fires, thus
rendering you able to survive the fight without taking any damage at all, in
most cases. All you need to do is sit behind the tree, moving so that Crow
is on the opposite side, and occasionally pop out and fire a rocket at the
helicopter. You'll obviously want to do this when the chopper is moving
slowly; you only have a maximum of 14 rocket rounds, and the helicopter can
take nine or so hits before it flies off and explodes. If you run out of
rockets, switch over to your OICW and use its HE rounds to finish the
helicopter off. "

> > Or just use cheats.
>
> Now what would be the point of that? ;-)

If you're stuck and want to get past that point so you can get on with the
rest of the game, why not?

> Seriously. Load up Quake II. Open the console. Type "map boss2". Kill
> the Makron. Congratulations, you just completed Q2 in, what, 120
> seconds? Woo.

Yay. What's the point? I don't know about you, but I play games because I
enjoy them, not because I want to boast I beat the game in some record time.

I'm suggesting cheating through one (difficult) section, so you can get on
with the rest of the game (which I assume you're enjoying).
If you're not enjoying the game, however, and you don't want to go further,
take the CD out and use it as a coaster.