POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game : Re: Another week, another impossible game Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another week, another impossible game
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 16 Mar 2008 06:11:18
Message: <47dd0056$1@news.povray.org>
> Keep hitting it. It will blow up eventually. As I said, it's a boss battle.
> It's not supposed to be easy.

Hmm, I've only got 24 rockets. And I'm usually dead long before I get to
use 'em all anyway. If I can see him, he can see me. And his aim is far
better than mine...

[After all, he has a gun, I'm using slot rockets.]

>> [I did try swimming off the ship and making my stand from the land
>> (which won't sink). But that doesn't work either. The explosion takes
>> almost all your health off you. And if you start swimming *after* the
>> explosion, you just get shot to pieces.]
>
> It does work. It's the recommended strategy. Jump and swim immediatly, don't
> wait for the count down to finish or anything. If you take the direct line,
> you can almost be at the beach before the ship explodes

Well, I tried that, and I unded up with 80% health, 0% armour, and a
chopper shooting at me. There's also very little cover...

> You get hit a lot less underwater than swimming on the surface. Go deep.

Doesn't seem to make any difference.

> Or just use cheats.

Now what would be the point of that? ;-)

Seriously. Load up Quake II. Open the console. Type "map boss2". Kill
the Makron. Congratulations, you just completed Q2 in, what, 120
seconds? Woo.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/