POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another week, another impossible game : Re: Another week, another impossible game Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another week, another impossible game
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 16 Mar 2008 06:00:56
Message: <47dcfde8@news.povray.org>
> Sure. I admit, I used cheats for over half the game. I suck at FPS, but was
> enjoying the story.

I had to cheat a little to destroy the final land-based tower. I
discovered that due to some kind of glitch in the game engine, it's
possible to "walk" up an apparently vertical sea cliff. From there, you
can take out all the guys with rocket launchers. (I spent 4 hours
trying, and every time I got near I just got hit by so many rockets I
couldn't get within 4 miles of my objective before I was dead. And I
have no sniper bullets left, so only short-range guns.)

> The battle you describe is a boss battle well over 2/3 of the way through
> the game. If you're playing hrough the game, you'll have a large abount of
> rockets and a lot of other advanced weapons. It's still hard though.

Well, no, you can only carry 4 weapons at once. This is the first battle
where I've actually put down a weapon I'm already carrying. (I haven't
used the pistol for ages, so I figured I'd leave that and try the rocket
launcher.) I have 24 rockets in total. The vast majority of them never
hit their target. But even when they score a direct hit, no damage is
evident. It appears that the helicopter can't be destroyed by rockets,
and you're supposed to do something "else". I have no idea what though.

[I did try swimming off the ship and making my stand from the land
(which won't sink). But that doesn't work either. The explosion takes
almost all your health off you. And if you start swimming *after* the
explosion, you just get shot to pieces.]

I find it extremely unfair that the enemy can see you underwater when
*you* can't see anything underwater!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/