POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need a scripting language : Re: Need a scripting language Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a scripting language
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Mar 2008 05:04:03
Message: <47db9f13$1@news.povray.org>

47db9468@news.povray.org...
> Basically, I need to write an app that will store user submitted data in a
> database, create visual representations of said data, and query specific
> web sites based on the data selected.  In other words, a language that
> makes it easy to:
>
> ) Use forms to enter data
> ) Store data in a DB
> ) Query said DB through other forms
> ) Create graphical presentations
> ) Fetch a web page
> ) Process said web page, looking for specific information

In MS Access : the 4 first tasks are just default behaviour with MS Access
so no scripting is necessary (unless you want specific behaviour for data
checking etc.). Just set up your tables in Access or any other database
(provided you can get the data through ODBC) and create the forms and graphs
through the built-in form editor. If the problem is simple it's a matter of
minutes.
After that a little bit of VBA would be required to open, download and
process the web pages. There's a function named URLDownloadToFile to do
this, but I've never used it, I just know it's possible.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com