POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene. : Re: PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene. Server Time
3 May 2024 17:40:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene.
From: Chris B
Date: 15 Mar 2008 04:39:03
Message: <47db9937$1@news.povray.org>
"melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message

> How I wish POV-RAY had allowed some kind of structure and linked list
> definitions, how I wish it had known and informed its users about states.

I suspect that it would be difficult to meaningfully interpret the internal
structures and the rotational and positional information used internally by
POV-Ray. You'd need to know the starting point that this information is
relative to, and this may not be easy to determine or what you may expect in
all situations.

What POV-Ray does provide is a series of macros that enable you to apply
transformations to vectors. You can therefore say, "if this is my starting
point, where would it end up when I apply these transformations?". IMO this
is more productive and easier to use.

> Well, this is the second time I am attempting to respond to this posting,
> the
> first one has disappeared on me.  If they both appear, please accept my
> appologies.

Does that mean you can't see my response to your first attempt either?
I find that, if stuff doesn't appear, it's helpful to look at the same
newsgroup on http://news.povray.org as a reference, but it still doesn't
guarantee that everyone can see the same things.