POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photons detection?! : Re: Photons detection?! Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:36:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons detection?!
From: Alain
Date: 14 Mar 2008 14:27:39
Message: <47dad1ab$1@news.povray.org>
Sylvain Dubé nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/03/14 14:52:
> Is MegaPOV have any function for this?
>
> Sylvain

Not that know of.

You should use user functions and macros to do the task.

Don't forget that when you enter an object, your next trace will be toward that
same object to find the exit point. This can lead to multiple total internal
reflections.

Once you exit an object, there are cases where that object can be a valid
target. Any object with any concavity or opening can interact more than twice.

Any concave reflective object can reflect a ray more than once.

All this mean that you may need a recursive function.

--
Alain
   I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for Mooning.