POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : splinefollow.pov : Re: splinefollow.pov Server Time
15 Jun 2024 08:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splinefollow.pov
From: St
Date: 14 Mar 2008 13:54:54
Message: <47dac9fe$1@news.povray.org>
"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> wrote in message

>> Yes, a first-person view follows :)
>
> Too big to post here.
>
> http://impfarm.imp.org/boinc/sample_results/anim021.avi

    Excellent Nicolas! I haven't played with splines yet, but your anim
shows me what I need to do with my carousel animation. I'm nowhere near
finished with it, (it'll be a couple of years, I think), but I want to get
the carousel rotating, get the horses rotating and travelling up and down,
(all of those are now done), and then get the camera to whizz around amongst
the horses, up, down and around, avoiding the horses and riders obviously.

      Any pointers on how you get the spline to go where you want it go? Is
that side of it easy? I love PoV, but my worst problem with pure pov is
translating. It takes me *ages* to get any model where I want it to be. (No,
I haven't looked at splinefollow.pov just yet, but I will).

      How do you hook up one end of the spline to the other end? Is it as
simple as hooking up to the original start coordinates?

      Nice demonstration, thanks, it's just what I needed to spur me on with
my project.  :)

         ~Steve~