POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Mar 2008 11:26:15
Message: <47daa727@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 20:20:45 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Huh, that's not been my experience.  What version are you looking at?
>
> Whatever is recent. You put the cursor on a cell and start typing, and
> it doesn't replace the entry.

Worksforme.

> You try to cursor off, it doesn't move.

Worksforme

> You replace a cell and go to save the file, and you have to cursor out
> of the cell before it agrees the spreadsheet is changed.

Worksforme

> You right-click
> on the place at the top where you enter equations, and you don't get a
> copy/paste menu.

Never tried this, I always use the keyboard shortcuts.

> You type something that looks like a URL, then go back
> and try to change it, and it wont let you click the URL to put the
> cursor inside it.

This behaviour I see, but because it changes the URL to a clickable
link.  There's probably an option to disable that reformatting, but I do
that so rarely I haven't bothered trying to find the setting.

> And ^V doesn't paste in a terminal window (under KDE at least).

Does in GNOME - I use that regularly.  This is probably, though, one of
my biggest beefs with Linux programs - the copy/paste buffer isn't always
common between apps.

> And "+
> doesn't select the paste buffer in vim, but it does in gvim. And when
> you have a long URL you typed in by hand and the receiving site bounces
> you to a different URL (because the search failed or whatever), firefox
> will let you select that URL again, but you're pretty much screwed
> (afaict) if you actually want to edit it without retyping it.
>
> ... Since someone asked me where I found cut&paste doesn't work ...

I've never had a problem editing URLs in Firefox....

Jim