POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Misunderstanding : Re: Misunderstanding Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Misunderstanding
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 13 Mar 2008 11:24:58
Message: <47d9555a$1@news.povray.org>

> Indeed.  As much as I love Thunderbird, Firefox, Inkscape and other
> open-source projects, they are mainly by geeks to geeks.  There's no
> excuse for a lack of builtin signature textbox editor.

meh, thunderbird sucks. Even Outlook Express had way better newsgroup
handling. Thunderbird doesn't keep a cache at all. You have two options:
get messages deleted from the cache shortly after you read them, or
download ALL the damned messages of the newsgroup. You can't make it
cache what you already saw and only what you already saw.

Also, it has a horrible way to handle messages with attachments. It
seems to first download the whole message, attachments included. Shows
only text. Then for each attachment present, it re-downloads the whole
message again...