POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Misunderstanding : Re: Misunderstanding Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Misunderstanding
From: Fa3ien
Date: 13 Mar 2008 09:50:53
Message: <47d93f4d$1@news.povray.org>

> And lo on Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:40:06 -0000, Fa3ien
> <fab### [at] yourshoesskynetbe> did spake, saying:
>
>> New colleague (worked 6 months in a bigger firm, before).
>> We use Thunderbird as mail client.
>>
>> Yesterday :
>> she : how do I add a signature to my mails ?
>> me : go there (showing the dialog), and specify a text file which
>> contains your signature
>>
>> Today :
>> she : it doesn't work, the signature
>> me : ?
>> she : I've made my signature in a Word file and it just shows two bars
>> me : (mentally slapping forehead)
>
> You mean Thunderbird doesn't allow you to create a signature directly?

No, it doesn't. Not very smart, indeed.

BTW, the little story wasn't about "how stupid are users" but rather how
I, inconsciously, thought that "text file" was equal to "ascii" for
anyone (which is natural and obvious for geeks).  I can't say she's wrong
if she thinks "text file" == ".doc", of course.

> Then again I suppose it might mean you can rotate thorugh a stack of
> different signatues automatically.

Neither.

Fabien.