POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Mar 2008 22:20:45
Message: <47d89d8d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Huh, that's not been my experience.  What version are you looking at?

Whatever is recent. You put the cursor on a cell and start typing, and
it doesn't replace the entry. You try to cursor off, it doesn't move.
You replace a cell and go to save the file, and you have to cursor out
of the cell before it agrees the spreadsheet is changed. You right-click
on the place at the top where you enter equations, and you don't get a
copy/paste menu. You type something that looks like a URL, then go back
and try to change it, and it wont let you click the URL to put the
cursor inside it.  All sorts of stuff like that.

And ^V doesn't paste in a terminal window (under KDE at least). And "+
doesn't select the paste buffer in vim, but it does in gvim. And when
you have a long URL you typed in by hand and the receiving site bounces
you to a different URL (because the search failed or whatever), firefox
will let you select that URL again, but you're pretty much screwed
(afaict) if you actually want to edit it without retyping it.

... Since someone asked me where I found cut&paste doesn't work ...

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"