POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using Excel as a 3D engine : Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 12 Mar 2008 14:55:23
Message: <47d8352b@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> I don't understand what you're saying... The entire Office suite uses VBA.
> Actually that's one big selling point of Office (for businesses): one can
> automate all the Office applications using the same language and have them
> interact with each other.

And that's a darn good thing. I've avoided tens or even hundreds of
hours of clicking around spreadsheets with VBA in past 5 years.

What comes for the missing pre-defined functions, I haven't found an
"explode" -function so far, so I did need to code one. It wasn't hard -
macro recorder and surfing the internet told me everything I needed.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net