POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using Excel as a 3D engine : Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine
From: scott
Date: 12 Mar 2008 12:33:24
Message: <47d813e4@news.povray.org>
> What is the "object browser"?

Right click in the code view and choose "Object Browser".  It basically
shows every "object" available, and what its members are.  Help is available
for every item.

> Now, if you call a macro with a cell range as its argument, how does that
> work?

I don't have any experience with that, but I assume that the range would
just be placed into a variable, just like if you passed a number or
individual cell etc.  Look up "range" in the object browser and you'll see
its member functions to work with it.

> I'm still at the level of not really knowing how to work the VB editor,
> and not understanding basic VB syntax constructs...

Get a book?  Read a tutorial online?  Trial and error?