POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using Excel as a 3D engine : Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Mar 2008 09:38:34
Message: <47d7eaea$1@news.povray.org>
>> Excell has an FFT? Since when? (Or is it in one of the non-default
>> add-ins?)
>
> It's in the Analysis Toolpak which is not turned on by default (but just a
> checkbox away).

Ah, right. I don't think I have that installed... (But as you say,
that's not hard to fix.)

I hope it's less clunky than that hacked-in complex number "support"
Excell has though.

>> I didn't realise that uses VB. Oh, wait, I'm thinking about Access...
>
> I don't understand what you're saying... The entire Office suite uses VBA.

Yes. But Access has an additional "macro language" that only Access
uses. By default it seems to record macros with that.

> Actually that's one big selling point of Office (for businesses): one can
> automate all the Office applications using the same language and have them
> interact with each other.

Heh. I'm *so* not trying that... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/