POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Using Excel as a 3D engine : Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using Excel as a 3D engine
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 12 Mar 2008 09:31:03
Message: <47d7e927$1@news.povray.org>

47d7e009$1@news.povray.org...
>>> I tend to use Excel as a function plotter - and it's annoying that
>>> things like an FFT are so hard to do.
>>
>> The built-in FFT in Excel doesn't work?
>
> Excell has an FFT? Since when? (Or is it in one of the non-default
> add-ins?)

It's in the Analysis Toolpak which is not turned on by default (but just a
checkbox away).
http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/an_pk/3292

It's been there for years I believe (the Analysis Toolpak has been there
since Excel 95 at least, I'm not sure about FFT itself).

> I didn't realise that uses VB. Oh, wait, I'm thinking about Access...

I don't understand what you're saying... The entire Office suite uses VBA.
Actually that's one big selling point of Office (for businesses): one can
automate all the Office applications using the same language and have them
interact with each other.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com