POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting : Re: Adventures with digital painting Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with digital painting
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 12 Mar 2008 00:01:14
Message: <47d7639a$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> I am saying that I fail to see how split would *reduce* the number of
> files I have, considering its functionality.

Composing with some of those 49,999 other tools it gives you the
possibility of eg. removing a part (beginning, ending or from the
middle) of a file.

"Now, if Linux supported the thing that NTFS supports where you can
delete the beginning of a file, maybe I'd use that."

Well ok, after that you wrote about chopping the file, which practically
is what split does, but it should be able to work without creating
millions of (temp)files in the middle of the process.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net