POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - Proposal for voting policies : Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies
From: Chris Cason
Date: 11 Mar 2008 05:35:21
Message: <47d66069@news.povray.org>
Further to my other comments, I'd like to add this:

It would be neat if in the image submission process, the entrant could (via
some click-through legalese) agree that the competition admins may, at
their discretion, choose to grant third-party requests for non-commercial
use of their entry if reasonable attempts to contact them fail*. Or have it
the other way around; make this a default condition of registration/entry
and require them to opt out of it if they do not wish to do so.

FWIW, permission for use was by far the most common request we received on
the IRTC admin mailing list. It would be nice if there was a neat way to
handle this, given that in my experience most entrants were happy for their
work to be used in a reasonable non-commercial way provided they are credited.

-- Chris

* or even let them specify, if they wish, that we don't need to attempt
  to contact them.