POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting : Re: Adventures with digital painting Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with digital painting
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Mar 2008 14:19:24
Message: <47d589bc$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:05:52 -0500, Warp wrote:

>> The ATI drivers are, admittedly, a royal pain in the arse.
>
>   The ATI Linux display driver has installed itself just fine for years.
> Its only problem is that it's buggy with several display cards
> (including mine), which renders it unusable with them.

The 8.40.4 version of fglrx is the last one that works for me on my
Thinkpad.  Installation is a pain if you have a kernel update - the
nVidia package by comparison is smart enough to recognise that it needs
to be rebuilt on a reboot and it does that automatically.

All the newer ATI drivers just plain don't work on this machine.

Jim