POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old photographs : Re: Old photographs Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old photographs
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 10 Mar 2008 14:07:29
Message: <47d586f1$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> Truly amazing!  Color photos from way before Technicolor! :)

I recently saw a printed scan (=just a photo scanned in 48-bit colours
and printed, *no* serious enhancing between) of a photo from late
1800's. It had light, but clear colors, you could surely see them.

Then I saw the original photo, it was in black and white. That's one
reason why old B&W photos are so much more living than digital B&W
-photos, they aren't really B&W, they have *a lot* of shades which still
hold some of the color information, even though it's not clearly visible.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net