POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene. : Re: PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene. Server Time
3 May 2024 21:47:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovPerson refused to come into my pov scene.
From: Chris B
Date: 10 Mar 2008 08:19:02
Message: <47d53546$1@news.povray.org>
"melo" <mel### [at] coxnet> wrote in message
> Hello, Chris,
>
> I have struggled some more with my animation, then started playing with
> POVPerson.  I was going to follow
> Quick reference step by step before I play with animation
>
> However I had not managed to go far:
>
> The online documentation recommends
>
> #include "povperson.inc"
>
> object
> {ppFigure("ann.inc","style1.inc","smile","standing.inc","ppoutfit1.inc")
> translate x*5}

Ah yes. That is wrong. The example files like 'pp00example05.pov' contain
the later version of the syntax for the ppFigure macro, where all of the
parameters have been removed and where you need to 'include' files and call
macros to set specific options before calling the 'ppFigure' macro. This
allows defaults to be used and the parameters in the example above are
roughly the defaults.

The minimum required to add a figure is therefore:

#include "povperson.inc"
ppFigure()

Which adds an 'ann'  figure about 1.6 POV-Ray units tall standing at the
origin facing towards +Z. The hair looks terrible in this default figure as
it's cut to about 30 hairs to minimise the performance impact, so you may
want to try:

#include "povperson.inc"
#include "ppstyle6.inc"
ppAddPoseFile("ppsitting.inc");
object {ppFigure() rotate y*180}
light_source { < 2, 60  ,-30> color rgb<1, 1  , 1  >*0.6 }
light_source { < 0, 24  ,-26> color rgb<1, 1  , 1  >*1.2 }
light_source { <5,  6.5,-10> color rgb<1, 0.5, 0.5>}
camera {
  location <-0.3, 1.08,-2.1>
  look_at  y
}

which gives you a model with hair and a non-default pose.

I do have an updated version of the users guide that I never got round to
publishing. I'll dig it out and see if it makes sense to replace the one
that's there.

Regards,
Chris B.