POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Mar 2008 04:29:49
Message: <47d4ff8d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   *All* online games I have tried so far have been like that. These
> include all online multiplayer arena/tournament-type FPS shooters (such
> as Quake3 and Team Fortress 2), team-based online shooters (Counter-Strike)
> and MUDs (such as batmud).

I must admit, playing CSS against bots is usually downright boring. In
fact, even playing it against human players is generally not very exciting.

Playing it against my clanmates when we're all using VoIP to talk to
each other is anothe matter... suddenly running around killing people
becomes a really rather social experience. Weird, eh?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/