POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Mar 2008 16:06:18
Message: <47d4514a@news.povray.org>

47d44731$1@news.povray.org...

> It takes me more time to do equivalent tasks now to what I did 15 years
> ago.  That's the point.

But what are you doing exactly? Unless your job consists exclusively in
opening and closing applications and doing absolutely nothing in between,
that goes *** completely *** against my (20-year) experience of using
engineering and office software. Startup times are sometimes longer, duh.
What about the rest, like actually using the software for the kind of tasks
that are expected in 2008? And here I'm talking about office software:
spreadsheets, presentation software, databases and word processing. That's
really looking at the past with rose-tinted glasses, sorry.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com