POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old photographs : Re: Old photographs Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old photographs
From: nemesis
Date: 9 Mar 2008 15:53:07
Message: <47d44e33$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> this site struck a chord with me some time back:
>
>   http://www.shorpy.com/
>
> see http://www.shorpy.com/shorpy: 'shorpy at work in 1910'
>
>   http://www.shorpy.com/files/images/01094u.jpg
>
> maybe 12 years old at the time? he later died in a mine accident at the age
> of 31, crushed by a rock. for most of his life, clearly, he knew nothing
> other than that mine.
>
> I expect the mine owner lived in a nice mansion somewhere.
>
> -- Chris

Very hard times, no doubt.  There was nothing to laugh about, thus, no
smiles in old photos.

Today we have the luxury of information at the fingerprints through
amazingly fast internet connections, amazing mass-production and
reproduction technologies, laugh, fun and entertainment a click away on
TV.  And yet, art of our time is so comparatively poor to that of those
brutal and convulsive ages...