POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Adventures with digital painting : Re: Adventures with digital painting Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adventures with digital painting
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Mar 2008 16:29:54
Message: <47d30552$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
>> I love the Unix philosophy of making specific, lightweight tools that
>> interoperate, rather than gargantuan monolithic beasts that do
>> everything rather poorly.
>
> See, now, personally I hate that. It annoys the hell out of me that the
> Unix way is to use 50,000 tiny tools with all have far too many
> backwards compatibility modes, bugs and "features".

So what you're really saying, is that we need a modern implementation of
traditional Unix style tools, distributed as a package.  It wouldn't
need a ton of that backwards-compatibility stuff, because all of the
included tools are fresh implementations that we know work together.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com