POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : Re: IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - voting policies
From: Charles C
Date: 8 Mar 2008 15:21:24
Message: <47d2f544@news.povray.org>
Disclaimer:  I've never entered this contest, but I've always thought
"someday."

"Overall" and Nimish's "Wow Factor" sound the same to me.  Either one
would act as a way for a voter to compensate if their general impression
is different from the average of what they think for the other
categories.  I think the ability to use that category for such
compensation means that the final scoring can/should be a simple sum of
the category scores.

I'd keep voting to entrants and established panelists.  A "people's
favorite" for anonymous voters can be an honorable mention, but not 1st,
2nd, 3rd.

I would set it up so that each voter automatically defaults to awarding
5 points for each category for each submission other than their own.
Assigned a voting key, voters can change their votes and comments up
until the deadline, except of course, for their own.

A variation:
There is a baseline of 5 to start with.  Like liquid in a vessel, if a
voter ranks-up some entries, the baseline is displaced - it goes down
some fraction of a point.  If the voter ranks-down some entries, the
baseline goes up.  Un-scored submissions recieve the voter's baseline,
as limited to the range 0 to 10.

Charles