POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SQL help : Re: SQL help Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SQL help
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:54:58
Message: <47d2ef12$1@news.povray.org>
> 1) You have two machines on a network. One has a big disk, the other has
> a tape drive and small disk. You have a tar tape with too much
> information to fit on the small disk. How do you untar it onto the big
> disk?

OK, I have no clue how to do that.

But then, I don't know how to do almost anything network-related in Unix
beyond configuring the IP address and default gateway.

> 2) In the ls-listing drwxrsxrwx what does the s mean?  (Note that if you
> said "look in the ls man page" or even what the name of the flag is, it
> was good enough, even if you didn't know the semantics the flag implied.)

Hmm. Isn't that SetUID or Sticky or something?

> I don't remember what the third one was, but it was pretty much the same
> level. The sort of thing which, if you don't know how to solve it, you
> certainly shouldn't know the root password.

And that's the difference: I wouldn't be applying for a Unix sysadmin
job. ;-) [Or at least, not unless they provide nontrivial training first...]

> I also have a list of "interview questions" for testing the breadth of
> someone's knowledge. If I was ever hiring someone as a primary
> programmer for a new and growing company, I'd want them to know more
> than just Web2.0 javascripting. :-)

I'm still fuzzy on exactly what the hell "Web 2.0" actually is. Does
anybody actually have a definition for it?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/