POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:46:31
Message: <47d2ed17$1@news.povray.org>
>> Uh... we have a winner already?
>
> Sometimes you really do give the impression that you live under a rock.

Why? Because I don't follow every tiny twist and turn of modern
technology with bated breath?

Personally [and I suspect I'm not alone in this], I was just going to
sit around and wait until either BluRay or HD DVD vanishes off the
shelves, and then go with whatever is still on sale. Obviously you can't
have *two* standards out there, so one of them has to die. I figured I'd
just wait a while.

[Having said that, I haven't seen *either* technology on any "shelves".
Perhaps this is related to the fact that I don't ever go shopping? I
don't know, when *I* go shopping, it always ends up being really
expensive...]

And while we're on the subject... I gather that all this "HD" stuff is
only slightly better quality than what's already there. It's not like
anybody is going to notice a huge increase in picture quality. And that
makes it hard for me to get excited about it...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/