POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:24:18
Message: <47d2e7e2$1@news.povray.org>
>> - I never completed Doom.
>
> Neither did I. Not without cheating anyway.
> You did play it though, right?

In a mannar of speaking, yes...

[Ever tried to do software rendering on a 286? Hint: this belongs to the
class of operations that is "not fast".]

>> - I have never even *seen* Wind Commander.
>
> Nor learned to spell its title...

OK, OK, I hit one wrong key! Sheesh...

>> - I can't remember who's behind BluRay
>
> Sony et al.
>
>> or HD DVD.
>
> Toshiba et al.

Interesting. I was sure they said one of them was being backed by HP...

>> (And I have no idea which one is currently "winning".)
>
> Bluray won.

Uh... we have a winner already?

>> Are we done yet?
>
> We will not cease until we have fully explored the depths of your
> ungeekiness. Like it or not, you have become a public figure of sorts.
> Scrutiny and criticism are part of the package.

What about respect and appreciation?

Oh, wait...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/