POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Old photographs : Re: Old photographs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old photographs
From: St
Date: 8 Mar 2008 14:13:53
Message: <47d2e571@news.povray.org>
news:47d2df8c@news.povray.org...
> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>     You're not kidding. I love these photo's too, but did you notice the
>> boy
>> wearing a dress, (left, top row)?
>
>  According to the caption that's "Rosa Lee Hatfield (daughter of
> Anderson)".
> Might have a boyish face (at least in this photo), but most probably a
> girl.

    Ok, I missed the caption, but looking at all the females there, yes,
they all have short hair styled like a man's, except for the blond girl to
the right behind the boy holding the gun. Is that another girl possibly
sitting on a chair?

>> And is that, (shall we say), a 'short'
>> blond haired lady to the right?
>
>  Who?

    The blond girl above.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/The_Lusitania_at_end_of_record_voyage_1907_LC-USZ62-64956.jpg

>> >  The amount of interesting detail in this photo is staggering.
>
>>      All I see is that we are more powerful than ants with that ship
>> there.
>> ;)
>
>  One thing I find interesting in that foto are the "taxis". Quite
> different
> from modern taxis, but already crowding places like that. :)

      Heh, it's exponential Warp!  ;)

    Actually, one thing that did spring to mind in our (humans) favour when
I first saw the image was: Organised.

     But then, ants are too...

       ~Steve~