POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Mar 2008 12:48:59
Message: <47d2d18b@news.povray.org>

> - I think Star Trek sucks.

Watched it very few times.

> - I have only watched about 3 episodes of Babylon 5. The only cool thing
> about it was the graphics being done on an Amiga.

Only heard of Babylon 5 on the geek code website
(http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html#b5). I don't think it was ever
broadcasted on any channel that reaches my house. :)

> - I never completed Doom.

I never saw Doom. Well maybe in screenshots. Definitely never played it.

> - I have never even *seen* Wind Commander.

Wind what?

> - I don't know what a VAX is. (I thought it was a kind of carpet
> cleaner...)

VAX is... an old computer. Well, not old. More like ancient.

> - I haven't read the BSD license terms. (I've read the GPL ones.)

I have. I have also read GPL, but I only remember the broad terms and
concepts, not all the legalese details...

> - I can't remember who's behind BluRay or HD DVD. (And I have no idea
> which one is currently "winning".)

Sony is one, Phillips is the other. I think. Dunno which is which.
However I could explain you a lot about how HDDVD DRM works, from stuff
I read on forums. I don't care about who wins, DVD is good enough for me.

> - I have no idea how to wire up a null modem cable.

Never needed one.