POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - voting policies : IRTC - voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:23 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC - voting policies
From: David Buck
Date: 8 Mar 2008 12:34:09
Message: <47d2ce11$1@news.povray.org>
I'd like to find a nice way to prevent or reduce voting anomalies in the
new IRTC web site.  I don't want people to be able to vote multiple
times in one contest and skew the votes.

So I'd like to know if you have any suggestions on how to do this.

1) How do we accept new voters?
	- automatically with e-mail confirmation?
	- only with admin approval?
	- other ideas?

2) Should submitters be allowed to vote in the round they submit to?

I intend to allow voters to rate each image in 4 categories
	- overall
	- technical merit
	- artistic merit
	- concept and interpretation of theme

Each rating is on a scale from 0 to 10.

3) How should the scores be combined

4) Should we allow partial voting?
	- by this I mean rating some images but not all
	- I have no assurance that they even looked at all of them
	- if you rated the first 5 pictures but none of the others,
		should any of your ratings be considered?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
David Buck