POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Warp
Date: 8 Mar 2008 07:19:18
Message: <47d28446@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:

> > no Blizzard, no Stallman, no D&D... tsc, tsc, your geeks points keep getting
> > low... :P

> OK, let's get this right out of the way now...

> - I think Star Trek sucks.

  That's different from not knowing what Star Trek is. At your rate I wouldn't
even have been surprised if you had said you don't.

> - I have only watched about 3 episodes of Babylon 5. The only cool thing
> about it was the graphics being done on an Amiga.

  Yet you know what B5 is?

> - I never completed Doom.

  Yet you know what Doom is?

> - I have never even *seen* Wind Commander.

  But do you know what it is?

> - I don't know what a VAX is. (I thought it was a kind of carpet cleaner...)

  There are limits on how old-school you have to be to be considered a
"computer nerd". Not knowing what a VAX is, is one thing, but not knowing
what D&D is, is another.

> - I haven't read the BSD license terms. (I've read the GPL ones.)

  But you know what it is?

> - I can't remember who's behind BluRay or HD DVD. (And I have no idea
> which one is currently "winning".)

  But you know what they are?

> - I have no idea how to wire up a null modem cable.

  Do you know what's the idea behind it?

--
                                                          - Warp