POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : RIP Gary Gygax : Re: RIP Gary Gygax Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIP Gary Gygax
From: Warp
Date: 8 Mar 2008 07:02:04
Message: <47d2803b@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > Orchid XP v7 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> >> Tell me about it. I thought "dungeons and dragons" was a TV series...
> >
> >   I'm amazed how you again and again succeed in showing your ignorance
> > about basic things all computer and other nerds know.

> Wait, dude... what the HELL does D&D have to do with computers? I'm
> seriously puzzled now...

  D&D has to do with nerds, and I would say that at least 99.9% of D&D
nerds are also computer nerds.
  Moreover, D&D has been very influential in computer gaming. Many RPG
computer games have been influenced by D&D (in some cases so far that
the computer game more or less strictly uses D&D or AD&D rules). Most
western RPG games (including MMORPGs such as WoW) are inspired by D&D.

  Thus it's strange if a computer gamer has never heard of D&D or knows
what it is.

--
                                                          - Warp