POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawings : Re: Drawings Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drawings
From: St
Date: 7 Mar 2008 15:23:03
Message: <47d1a427@news.povray.org>
news:47d19c4c$1@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>
>>     Ah, hands. Yes, hard to do. Whenever I've tried to draw hands (which
>> has been many times now) I always concentrate on the knuckles and
>> finger/thumb pads, usually making them slightly larger than normal, which
>> seems to work. The nails are important too.
>
> My drawing instructor made me draw my hand in lots of different ways.

     Well, there are lots of different ways - skinny hands, fat hands, young
hands, old hands, good hands, evil hands. There are more probably, but I'll
leave that to your imagination Andrew!  ;)

> Who would have thought there were so many ways to fail at drawing? I feel
> as if I know them all now.

  See above...

> [Now if I could figure out how to *avoid* these things...]

     I don't think you can avoid them, they seem to crop up frequently with
hand drawing. So, practice is the answer.

      ~Steve~