POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SQL help : Re: SQL help Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SQL help
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Mar 2008 14:42:59
Message: <47d19ac3$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v7 wrote:
> just don't remember the command syntax off the top of my head.

Maybe that's because different engines use different syntax. :-)

> Another
> wanted me to use "cursors" - something I've never ever done before. I
> don't even know what one *is*.

It's kind of like imperative Haskell - try to avoid it. ;-)

> I sat for ages puzzling over this one. I can't figure out how the heck
> to do it... any pointers?

I would first find the duration of each page view, then look for page
views more than 10 minutes apart.

The duration is the difference between the view time of this row and the
min of the view time of all rows with a later view time (select by user
name or whatever your criteria are).  Unobvious. I had to ask that one
myself.

After that, find the distinct user/duration>=10 pairs.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where's that?"