POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : using a quad core linux box to speed up povray : Re: using a quad core linux box to speed up povray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using a quad core linux box to speed up povray
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 7 Mar 2008 13:25:34
Message: <47d1889e$1@news.povray.org>

> Hmm...that might be something new for me to try. I have only used Make files for
> compilation before this. How does one integrate it into a "script"?
>
> Let me describe my setup. We have co-ordinate files that we render "on-the-fly"
> by parsing into suitable .pov files and then calling povray. All this is
> currently done within a wrapper shell script.
>
> Any more guidance?

If your pov files are generated, make becomes even more useful. I'll
write a sample makefile for you; but first I need more info. Does a
single program call convert all the coordinates into all the .pov files,
or do you need to run it repeatedly to convert each coordinate file into
a single .pov file?