POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Unhandled Exception vs. Parse error : Re: Unhandled Exception vs. Parse error Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unhandled Exception vs. Parse error
From: Martin
Date: 6 Mar 2008 15:26:57
Message: <47d05391$1@news.povray.org>

> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] rraznet> wrote:
>
>> Hmm. Sounds like the parser needs to flag cases like this and, at
>> minimum, ignore requests to include files of the same name and location.
>
> I think we're talking about two separate symptoms, aren't
> we?  I cannot, however, reproduce Tim's scenario -- POV seems to handle
> identically-included files gracefully and eventually throws a 'Too many nested
> include files' parse error.
>
> But #including a macro, using that macro, and then attempting to call an
> undefined variable consistently crashes POV on both XP and Vista for me.
> Simplest case:
>
> //test.inc
> #macro A(B) B+1 #end
>
> //test.pov
> #include "test.inc"
> #declare X=A(3);
> #if (Y=0) #end
>
> I somehow had the naive impression that '#include' just copied the contents of
> the .inc file and placed them at the #include marker in the .pov file.
> Apparently, reality is more complicated than that...?

Hello.

I experienced the same crash, i think. (in the same pov version). Before
closing, i can see in the message window that the parser has catched the
typo in the variable name, but despite this, the renderer is launched.

In my case, the unhandled exception comes from the renderer

--------
Martin.