POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawings : Re: Drawings Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drawings
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Mar 2008 07:34:23
Message: <47cfe4cf$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:

> Hands and realistic smiles are probably the most difficult to draw.

Yeah, I've got to the point where I can *usually* draw CAD characters
such that you can recognise who it's supposed to be. What expression
they end up having still seems to be rather random - I haven't worked
out how to really control this part yet.

Arms and legs are also deceptively hard. They're not just cylinders;
their circumferance changes along their length in a really quite subtle
way. (If you ignore it, it looks wrong. If you try to draw it, it looks
vastly exaggerated. And wrong.)

I think it would be extremely interesting to find out how Tim draws
these guys. I mean, sure, partly it's practice. But by now he must
surely have a carefully honed technique for drawing each guy and gal...?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/